Goooooooooood morning everyone <3
I hope you’re feeling swell and had a wonderful weekend! Did you guys get to watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics yesterday? I missed that since I was away with my Dad, but thank goodness my brother was kind enough to record it. I’m really stoked to see it!
One of the highlights of my weekend was I got a surprise in my mailbox from one of my close friends, Carol. Ever since I moved away from Vancouver last year, we’ve been snail mailing and Skyping whenever possible; and it’s always so nice to know how she’s doing. As silly as it sounds, I LOVE checking my mailbox at home so much I sometimes go down twice a day to see if there’s any mail. It’s crazy, I know, but that bubbly feeling of happyness I get when I see a letter addressed to me is enough to set my mood for the rest of the day.
Another highlight of my weekend was (drumroll please) … I got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award from fellow blogger Kit (Thanks again Kit!). I was really surprised to log on and see the message Kit left on my “About” page; it definitely made my day and I am so touched and incredibly honored :’) I started this blog 8 months ago as a way to kill boredom, and I honestly didn’t think the blog would make it this far. This blog is what it is today thanks to all the support and encouragement from my followers and readers – it’s your awesomeness that keeps me rolling. Thank you for accompanying me on my journey and for following! It means so much to me, and I love you all from the bottom of my bottomless heart <3
So as part of the Versatile Blogger Award, I now have to pass this award on 15 other excellent bloggers. I’ll be doing that sometime this week, so keep your eyes sharp and your ears tuned! I can’t do it now as I have to go soon, but I’ll post a list up eventually. Another thing I am required to do is to share seven things about myself to you all, so here goes:
- My favorite food is pepperoni pizza.
- My favorite television shows are Phineas and Ferb, Batman Beyond, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., Without A Trace, Jane By Design, and Numbers.
- I love hanging out in coffee shops or anyplace near the ocean.
- I used to be a skeptic when it came to being in a relationship; but after a few events this year, my view on relationships has changed.
- My favorite color is cerulean blue. (But I’m pretty much in love with the whole blue color spectrum.)
- I laugh, a lot. Hahahahahahaha.
- I don’t have any celebrity crushes.
- As an added bonus: I can’t wait to start university in the fall! I’m so psyched for orientation and I can’t wait to meet new people weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Anyhoo, it’s time for me to go now. I just want to end this post with another melody of thanks (thankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOUUU!), and with a bit of wisdom from Leo F. Buscaglia for your daily dose of Monday Inspiration:
“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”
Stay happy. Be strong. And take care. You’re in my heart!
*UPDATE: See my list of nominated Versatile Bloggers here.